"The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr" Lupe Fiasco
1. A learned or erudite person, esp. one who has profound knowledge of a particular subject.
2. A student; pupil.
3. A student who has been awarded a scholarship.
1. A person who willingly suffers death rather than renounce his or her religion.
2. A person who is put to death or endures great suffering on behalf of any belief, principle, or cause: a martyr to the cause of social justice.
3. A person who undergoes severe or constant suffering: a martyr to severe headaches.
4. A person who seeks sympathy or attention by feigning or exaggerating pain, deprivation, etc.
–verb (used with object)
5. To make a martyr of, esp. by putting to death.
6. To torment or torture.
Think about it. Gone...