Now it's this, blame.. Yup, I do.

Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Far From Over??



^
^
I'll recap after each segment. The jury is still out on whether or not Thank Me Later is my sh*t. There's just something about it I can't quite place. Listening to So Far Gone and then transitioning into Thank Me Later it's clear that the sound of it all is very intentionally. He spoke briefly about it... It's just so manufactured it's hard for me to get past that. I never want to feel like I'm being fed by the machine when listening to music. I'll say this though, he's right about his sh*t being real. I've defended him for his honesty and skill with his lyrics. Now lets work on that flow... Who remembers Kanye's immature college dropout delivery?? ME do!




^
^
^
I like having insight to artists because it's always a surprise as to what you will get. Take Jay-Z, I'm not going to get Shawn Carter when he's interviewed. I know that, and people should generally hold that as common knowledge. I get the feeling Drake is much more willing to let Aubrey Graham out. That's refreshing. If the sincerity in your music is shown outside of that medium it's always a good thing.

"and he still got his foot out, guilt trippin" I think that's kind of crazy to have his pops around like that and be so honest regarding their relationship. He's getting more points for that.




^
^
^
All in all the verdict has still yet to be determined. I'm a Drake fan, there's no mulling around that. There are things I'd like to see happen for him as an artist but time will tell. I do respect how he strives to push his limits. It's 1 of the reasons I will hardly knock him for his rhyming content. He does what a 23 year old is expected to do. f*ck it I'm reviewing Thank Me Later officially today/tonight/tomorrow/sometime soon.


_ _
 -/Rebel2Society\-v(**)

No comments:

Post a Comment

DO I MAKE SENSE YET!?

Or am I just... Senseless?